18 September 2009

Ancestry adds London vitals

Ancestry have added new and additional London information.

London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906
Birth and baptismal records from Board of Guardian Poor Law records and Church of England parish registers in the greater London area. The Board of Guardian records cover the years 1834-1906 while the parish registers cover the years 1813-1906.

London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980
Death and burial records from Board of Guardian Poor Law records and Church of England parish registers in the greater London area. The Board of Guardian records cover the years 1834-1906 while the parish registers cover the years 1813-1980.

London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921
Marriage records and marriage banns dating from 1754-1921 from Church of England parish registers from parishes in the greater London area.

The above records are name indexed. Apparantly information from Bishops Transcripts is to be added "soon."

London, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812
Baptism and burial records from 1538-1812 and marriage records from 1538-1753 for Church of England parish registers from parishes in the greater London area.

Names in these latter records have not yet been indexed. However, images can be searched by record type, parish, and year


1 comment:

Persephone said...

I have an Essentials membership at Ancestry.co.uk as I'm a first generation Canadian, and nearly all of my husband's and my ancestors are British. So this week, I stumbled across the prompts for the recently added London parish registers and discovered: where and when my great-great-great-grandmother was buried and the name of her residence; and where my great-great-great-grandparents were living at the times of the births of their numerous children (including Butchers Row Lane, which I gather smelled quite a bit...).

Very excited, I logged off to collect my younger daughter from school. When I returned, the gates were shut against me. Apparently I have to update my membership to the next tier in order to access these records now. Fortunately, I'd saved what I'd viewed during what was essentially an unannounced trial period.

I feel a bit used.