27 September 2009

One Man, Two Names, Three Families, And Much Intrigue

During her memorable visit to Ottawa a week ago for the BIFHSGO conference Colleen Fitzpatrick asked if people had read her articles in Ancestry Magazine [the US version]. Not many had. I did get the magazine for a while, there was a special promotion with an ancestry.com subscription, but because it was so US-centric it didn't really appeal to me.

Surfing around on the Internet I came across one of her recent articles from the magazine which appealed to me. It involved a man who hid his past, something I'm wrestling with at the moment, and a breakthrough with the aid of DNA analysis.

There's a web version of the article from July of this year here, which includes a link to a PDF version of the more complete article, all free.

No comments: