10 November 2010

The 100th Carnival of Genealogy

In our decimal world 100 holds a certain distinction. It's satisfying to reach that milestone, one I'd like to achieve when just one more person becomes a follower of this blog. Look left.

Another person in the genealogy blogosphere working on 100 is Jasia of the Creative Gene blog who runs the Carnival of Genealogy. If you're not familiar with the Carnival have a look here. Jasia is asking for blog postings for the 100th issue, and has set a goal of 100 of them.

Although I once, many moons ago, submitted an item for the Carnival it's oriented more toward family history stories, not niche news which is my aim at Anglo-Celtic Connections.

So can we help Jasia? She's looking to those who've already contributed to previous Carnivals. While I doubt she'd reject newcomers with their own blogs I'd be happy to host a guest post here.

Persephone -- that includes you as you're already blogging this month. You may already have it with your story on Harry Grattridge although not every family has one so notable.

Here's the call from Jasia.

Call for Submissions! As I mentioned in a previous post, I am asking all who have participated in past editions of the COG to participate in the 100th edition. It's a FAMILY REUNION! There will not be the usual cap of 30 submissions for this edition. Instead there will be a floor of 100! I will not attempt to write comments nor choose a featured author this time around. I'm asking all of you to help me out here and make my dream come true. I would like to have 100 or more submissions from my friends, my COG family members, for this 100th edition. It's a tall order, yes. It hasn't been done before and therein lies the challenge. Can it be done? Only your time and efforts will determine that. I know there are many more than 100 authors who have participated in the previous 99 editions of the COG. I need at least 100 of you to step up and write a blog post to submit to the COG to make my day, my week, my month, and my blogging career. I don't know how many past participants are reading this edition so I'm hoping you'll help me get the word out. Please share this info on FaceBook, Twitter, GeneaBloggers, Second Life, your own blogs, mainstream media, the 4 major TV networks, genealogy conferences, and wherever past COG participants may gather!

And the topic for the 100th edition of the Carnival of Genealogy is... "There's one in every family!" Bring your stories of colorful characters, unique heirlooms, mouth-watering recipes, most dearly beloved pets, whatever! Interpret as you like. Every family has "special" individuals, you know, the ones with a green thumb, the black sheep, the lone wolf, the blue-ribbon cook, the story-teller, the geek! I know you have treasured recipes and amazing heirlooms you've yet to share! Tell us about them and become a part of history in the 100th edition of the Carnival of Genealogy! The deadline for submissions is December 1st.

Submit your blog article to the 100th edition of the Carnival of Genealogy using our carnival submission form. Please use a descriptive phrase in the title of any articles you plan to submit and/or write a brief description/introduction to your articles in the "comment" box of the blog carnival submission form. This will give readers an idea of what you've written about and hopefully interest them in clicking on your link. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

No comments: