28 November 2010

Internet Genealogy: Dec 2010/Jan 2011

As I write this it's dark, cold, with late November snow likely to be here until April. Those are conditions conducive to settling down to some reading, not liable to put you in a good frame of mind. It was with this as background I opened up the latest edition of Internet Genealogy.

The first article in this issue is "Genealogy Software for the Apple Mac!" by magazine editor Edward Zapletal. I don't use the Apple Mac.

The second article is "Jury Records and Your Genealogy" by David Norris. It describes the situation in the US which is not relevant to my research.

The third article is "Need to "Finnish" Your Genealogy Research?" by Diane L Richard. None of my ancestors were from Finland.

And so it goes. Irish American newspapers, foreign archives websites, D. A. R, a resource for Swedish genealogy, the Irish linen trade.

In my mind it's getting colder and darker outside.

Then I found relief in an article, unlikely titled  "Sighthill 95 and Other Adventures" by Melody Reitsma. She pursues her family history on the ground in Scotland. It seemed an unlikely article for Internet Genealogy as it contained rather little in the way of Internet resources, but enjoyable nonetheless.

See the full table of contents here, or from http://internet-genealogy.com/.

No comments: