18 October 2011

English Family History Workshop – Nov 5, 2011

A quick reminder of the Toronto Branch of OGS all-day session on Saturday November 5th where Lesley Anderson and I will be speaking. It's all about English records, with no doubt a little content leaking through from adjacent jurisdictions.

Lesley kicks things off with a plenary on parish records. Then we move into parallel session where I speak on early 20th century immigration, newspapers. That means I'll have to miss interesting sounding talks by Linda Reid on probate and Paul Jones on gazetteers.

I get a break and chance to hear either Lesley on directories of Jane MacNamara on manorial records.

I've be wrapping things up with a review of some lesser known websites.

It's November 5th so there are bound to be fireworks, and maybe a prize or two.

All the information is at: http://www.torontofamilyhistory.org/English2011.html

No comments: