Sunday, 10 June 2012

Heritage Ottawa walking tour: June 10

Old Ottawa South, Sunday June 10, 2:00 pm – MEET:  Southminster United Church, Bank at Alymer

In 1907, Nepean Township villages such as Ottawa South were annexed to the City of Ottawa. Improved city services soon followed, such as a new high-level Bank Street Bridge over the canal. It allowed the privately-owned Ottawa Electric Railway to extend streetcar services, stimulating housing and development of one of Ottawa’s first streetcar suburbs.

GUIDE: Leo Doyle, Development and Planning Committee, Old Ottawa South
Info: 613-230-8841 or www.heritageottawa.org

No comments: