08 August 2012

Essex Record Office blog

Gail Dever, the Quebec Family History Society webmaster, sent an email mentioning the Essex Record Office blog at http://www.essexrecordofficeblog.co.uk/

Gail writes "The blog posts are diverse and informative and always focused on Essex County and the activities of the record office’s archives. Recent posts feature photos, maps, and an Olympic connection. I thought their idea of linking a British medal-winning cyclist with their collection of old photos of bicycles was timely and brilliant. (Yes, I am trying to think of what we could do at QFHS that would be as interesting.) Some of my ancestors came from Essex and I am trying to learn as much as I can about the social history of the county where they lived. This blog is helping me do so. It also makes me aware of what their archives contain."

Take a look and you'll agree; the blog brings the ERO to life.

You can follow the blog postings on Facebook. Simply search for “The Essex Record Office.” http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Essex-Record-Office/102727403170725

No comments: