Back in August OGS conducted a poll on use of DNA in genealogy. As I prepare for a Before BIFHSGO presentation on January 12 I went back to have a look and found quite a few more responses. Here are the results
Have you used DNA testing as an aid in building your family tree?
- Yes and it was very interesting, glad I did it (49%, 70 Votes)
- No, but I am considering it (31%, 44 Votes)
- Yes, but nothing helpful or surprising turned up so buyer beware (8%, 11 Votes)
- Have never even considered it, will never do it! (6%, 8 Votes)
- Looked into it but decided it was not for me (5%, 7 Votes)
- Awaiting my results now! (3%, 5 Votes)
Total Voters: 143
And if you're still one of those lacking a DNA test a final reminder you have until the end of the year to take advantage of the Family Tree DNA special.