Ottawa Branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society is hosting this event on Saturday, February 2 1:30-3:30 at 100 Tallwood Drive, Ottawa.
There will be specialists on hand from the Ottawa Branch, the Sir Guy Carleton Branch UELAC, the British Isles Family History Society and the corporate Archives of the City of Ottawa to:
* To explain generally how archives work
* To show you all the genealogical materials available in the libraries housed at the Archives
* To give you tips on researching military ancestors
* To outline the best strategies for using Ancestry.com
* To provide general information on records in the United Kingdom and Ireland
* To help you search for your Loyalist ancestors
* To illustrate how the Guild of One Name Studies can help you
* To inform you about local resources, particularly in former Goulbourn Township
* To guide you in choosing genealogy software
* To assist you with your genealogical adventure!
This is your chance to have some one-on-one time with a specialist (limited to one question based on availability), or just listen to specialists speak about their area of expertise in response to others’ questions.
Although it is only really an afternoon session you can make a day of it by attending the DNA interest group which will convene at 9:30am in the building.
Also, starting at 2pm, the Master Genealogist (genealogy software) user group will be meeting in the building.