The Deputy Head's Real Short List
As the Deputy Head and Librarian and Archivist of Canada, Daniel Caron oversees one of the most impressive collections of Canadiana in the world. It appears to be his pleasure to preside over the destruction of the collection and service. Visit to see the sad state of the facility. Here are some of the services no longer offered or reduced since he took office.
1. Interlibrary Loan
2. Support to partners through NADP
3. Access to some unique original newspapers (junked).
4. Timely retrieval of archival and published materials
5. Meaningful community consultation
6. Promotion of cultural activities through affordable meeting space
7. Microfilm machines broken
8. Timely consultation services for readers
9. Online service (never-ending website redesign)
10. Professional involvement of staff (Code of Conduct).
The PR version of the list issued by LAC is here.