24 October 2013

Elizabeth Kipp reassumes GOONS responsibilities

The responsibilities of Regional Representative (Canada East) for the Guild of One Name Studies are once again assumed by Elizabeth Kipp.  When she reluctantly left the position nearly two years ago her husband Ed was ill. He looks really healthy now!

On her blog Elizabeth writes "I shall try to further the advertisement for the Guild in Canada by publication of articles that pertain to one name studies in some of the genealogical journals read in Eastern Canada. In particular I would like to advertise this guild in Quebec where there are many one name studies already. I need to paint a picture that makes the Guild an advantageous place for these studies and as the Guild becomes more and more international I may be successful in that regard. Penetrating into the Maritimes is another story and not one that I think I can add to very much. But that area of Canada was heavily settled by the British Isles in particular Newfoundland and I think that advertising the Guild in Newfoundland where possible is something I will investigate."

Find a link to email Elizabeth at http://www.kipp-blake-families.ca/elizabethmain.htm

No comments: