14 January 2015

TNA Podcast: Big Ideas: The shape of time

The presenter, Dr Stephen Boyd Davis examines depictions of history -- typographic, pictorial and diagrammatic in this talk from November 3. He starts by saying:

"Most of what I'm going to be talking about is historical and I've got a wealth of what I think are interesting things for you to look at. So even if what I say turns out to be very dull I hope that what you find to look at on the screen is very interesting."
Fortunately most of the slides used are available under the slides tab, although not synchronized to the presentation. I wasn't especially interested in what he had to say about historical presentation, but found the modern diagrammatic representation for the dates of composition of and first performance of Benjamin Britten's works enlightening.

Find the presentation at http://media.nationalarchives.gov.uk/index.php/big-ideas/

No comments: