this article isn't pertinent. I doubt it.
What's the secret sauce? According to Michael O. Cooper
"Intrinsic motivation, encouraging mutual respect, nurturing, self-determination, creativity, cooperation, having fun and showing love . . . are exceptionally powerful."
The details are in the article under headings:
1. Focus on organizational sustainability
2. Come from love
3. Lead by example
4. Make your work fun (did someone say "in every job that must be done there's an element of fun")
5. Screen your team carefully and distribute work equitably
6. Set and communicate clear expectations early and often
7. Mother the martyrs
8. Shepherd resources wisely
9. Provide shade and encourage rest, recuperation and down time
10. Recognize and support high contributors
11. Appreciate all efforts
Is there something you could learn from this, or are you doing everything perfectly already?