Friday, 18 December 2015
1. Ancestry.com: for abandoning Family Tree Maker clients without ensuring the availability of an assured path forward.
2. Findmypast: for releasing the 1939 National Registration for England and Wales on a pay per view basis rather than as part of the subscription package.
3. The General Records Office (England and Wales): for a long-standing record of gouging for birth. marriage and death records, and continuing to do so despite findings that a restrictive policy is unnecessary.
4. The Ottawa Public Library: for neglect of the Ottawa Room and failing to give it a meaningful virtual presence.
5. Canada's Anglo-Celtic Connections: for inability to proof-read, spell and grammar check.
Your nominations are welcome.
at 12:00 am