16 January 2017

Ye Olde Genealogy Faire

That's the branding of the Alberta Genealogical Society conference 2017. I've agreed to give four talks on British family history, mostly ones I've not given in some time. Updating and tailoring to the audience in Edmonton has been a gift. Not only have I found out things about Alberta history but it has been an opportunity to look at updated British resources. I found the burial places of three ancestors in London and a newspaper notice on the second marriage of my great grandmother. It's a lesson I (we) continually have to relearn, commit to a presentation to provide motivation.

I'm also looking forward on 22-23 April to hearing from the other speakers, notably Saturday banquet speaker Diahan Southard who gave a memorable and moving presentation last October in Dublin at Genetic Genealogy Ireland.

The program is now posted so take a look at everything on offer and join us if you can.

No comments: