26 September 2009

Internet Genealogy Oct/Nov 2009

The new issue of Internet Genealogy magazine landed in my mailbox on Friday. I saw it last weekend while in conversation with Ed Zapletal and Rick Cree from Moorshead magazines. It contains a lot of good stuff including my most recent article "Newsworthy Genealogy: British newspaper archives" which discusses the increasing number of online sites for accessing archives of British newspapers.

Lisa A. Alzo contributes five articles "Help! My ancestors are hiding!", "Old photos on the 'net", "Fancy Footnote pages for your ancestors","Fast, frugal fixes for your old photographs", and "A Cuil search engine!"

Susanna De Groot, from Windmill Genealogy and the National Institute for Genealogical Studies writing on "Searching for ancestors in the Netherlands," and Rick Norberg on "Irish genealogy: getting started online" are both of direct interest for my family history. I'll probably look later at Michael John Neil's article on "The US Census: more than meets the eye!"

Internet Genealogy is published in Toronto and sold throughout North America. I've never seen it on a newsstand in England. It is in the collection of the Society of Genealogists. In Ottawa it's available at the Main and Nepean Centrepointe locations of the Ottawa Public Library and, likely, several public libraries across Canada.

No comments: