01 May 2014

Lost on the new OGS website?

Just in time for the OGS conference, a new website is now in place for the Ontario Genealogical Society.
Elizabeth Lapointe comments on Facebook that "it is poorly organized, and has lost its focus - Ontario genealogy."

It may have been implemented a bit too hastily. I went looking for a link to the various branches but couldn't find one. Checking the sitemap I found it but there was no obvious link.
Then in mousing around I found a hidden set of drop-down menus just above the three images and all was revealed. With the menu made visible I think Elizabeth's concerns will be addressed.

3 comments:

Mike More said...

John, the menus are clearly visible on my screen. Have you cleared your cache since visiting the old site? And Elizabeth complained about the Save Library & Archives icon which takes me to the website of Canadian Association of University Teachers: Save Library and Archives Canada which I would think would be important to any genealogist.

Anonymous said...

What browser are you using? As of April 8 internet explorer is no longer supported, see here. It is recommended that you use one of these

JDR said...

I use the chrome browser, and the missing info now appears.