10 April 2011

Ottawa city and area directories

I've mentioned Ottawa city directories online before, but noticed several additions of late 19th and early 20th century Ottawa city directories to The Internet Archive collection this past week, check at http://goo.gl/JwSzd. It's a good source from the mid 1890s, and for the 1910s, plus editions for 1901,  1909 and a 1923 directory.

There's good coverage for directories from the early 1880s to 1900, with a few earlier editions, at Library and Archives Canada's site where you can search at http://goo.gl/KMig8.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Thank you for this post. I saved pdfs of several directories and in searching them I found out a lot about my great-grandparents. From that source and others it led me too, now I know where they met, where they lived over the years and that their home was not destroyed in the Great Fire of 1900 although it was close. They met - as did their daughter, my grandmother, when John was a boarder in the home of Jennie's mother.