03 October 2019

Odds and Ends from BIFHSGO25

I was asked if I'd experienced an undue delay with obtaining probate documents for England and Wales. Now that the cost is reduced from £10 to £1.50 demand is increased so the promised 10-day delivery is not being met. My experience is ordering three wills, the earliest being for 1934. They were sent within the promised deadline. It would appear the delays are long for those requesting earlier wills.

Way back in 2017 I posted about a book Glenalledale Settlers 1772 of PEI. Denise Harper, who originally drew it to my attention updated me on the progress in developing the "premier destination for rural culture, community engagement, and living history." Find out more at https://glenaladalepei.com/.

David Thompson, OGS Director, informed me that the opportunity to renew your OGS membership at half-price will continue into 2020 if you recruit a new member, who will also pay half price.

Did you remember to activate the coupon for 24 ScotlandsPeople credits which came with your conference registration package?

A lot of work goes into the conference program booklet, 40 pages plus the cover. This year, rather than carrying it around during the conference I took a photo of the day's program from the back cover for easy reference.


No comments: