14 October 2020

Ancestry Membership 40% Off

 

My gmail inbox contained a Thanksgiving 40% off offer from Ancestry this morning valid until end of day 16 October,
I've been burnt before advertising Ancestry discounts on the blog and then finding out it's exclusive to me. 
Ancestry should offer you this discount or more on a new subscription, meaning you haven't an active paid account, even if it's only just expired.

Here are some things to consider.

1. Ancestry Library edition is currently free at home through many public libraries during the pandemic.
2. If you've taken an AncestryDNA test explore the result page and you'll likely find a great offer on a subscription.
3. To avoid auto-renewing cancel at least 2 days before your renewal date by visiting My Account or calling 1-800-958-9073. Once your account is expired you can resubscribe at a discount. You may have to wait a few days, or call them to see what they offer. Don't accept an inferior offer (20%). A better offer will soon be available.
4. Try googling Ancestry discount which may surface a hidden offer. Make sure you're subscribing to the World Deluxe if you want more than just Canadian records.

3 comments:

Arthur Owen said...

I tried getting a 1 yr World Deluxe for 2 x $78 that you were offered and they said they could only offer it for $180 ($179.99) but they expect to have more offers closer to the holidays. Then I followed your suggestion and checked my DNA results page and was offered 1 yr World Deluxe for $149.99 CDN!!! As you say, go to look around.

Anonymous said...

I always let my subscription expire, then wait for a good sale, usually around Christmas. Unfortunately Ancestry does not reward loyalty.

Lynn said...

My annual World Deluxe subscription was due to auto-renew Oct. 23 for $299 + tax. Called Oct. 16 & cancelled my subscription, then started a new annual World Deluxe subscription to Oct 16/21 at the same rate as last year: $149.94 + tx = $164.90 CA. Very pleased to have been given the same discounted rate again.