18 October 2020

Sunday Sundries

 Miscellaneous items I found of interest during the week.

Smithsonian - Digital Jigsaw Puzzles: Fall Edition
Beware, eats up your time!

Billions of Digital Images and Associated Text Metadata Created Through the United States National Archives and Records Administration’s Digitization Partnership Program: we want it all back!

Oxford County Archives Online Exhibit - Oxford County Gaol: 1854 - 1977

The Nobel Prize: Milgrom and Wilson

LAC Blog: Henry Ash and why internet connections are still underwater

A Brief History of the Women's KKK

Mike Pence’s fly

Thanks to this week's contributors: Anonymous, Arthur Owen, BT, btyclk, egailb, Unknown, and a special shoutout to David Rajotte and Documentary Heritage News.

1 comment:

Gail B said...

What a terrific selection for Sunday, John.

I forwarded the jigsaw puzzle to a friend in Boston, and the entire set of Sundries to genealogist/family historian friends. I focused on the Oxford County one as I am an OGS branch member there (so far I did not find any ancestors in the gaol) but the one that most interested me was the NARA one requesting digital documentation back from Ancestry.

As well the Wayne Shepheard video I will be sending (youtube version) to those colleagues of mine struggling on how to do Virtual presentations.

A good Sunday's work. Gail B