15 March 2013

Rootstech III

Next week at this time I'll be living out of a suitcase again with my first trip to Rootstech in Salt Lake City. The program for this third annual edition is stellar, up to 19 choices in most time slots. There are enough repetitions that it looks like I'll be able to get into those I want, space permitting. Finding those and setting my schedule is helped by a free app for the iPad and iPhone - just search the app store for Rootstech.
There's a promising-looking marketplace with some companies that had a presence at WDYTYA? Live last month, many who didn't. Internet Genealogy magazine, together with Family Chronicle from Moorshead Magazines, one of the latter, will be back for the third year which is where I'll "hang my hat." The schedule is so packed I don't anticipate spending a lot of time there but will pick up messages.
If you're not attending keep up with what's going on by checking out postings by the 21 officially accredited bloggers listed here. I'm not one of them, I didn't apply. Lorine McGinnis Schulze at Olive Tree Genealogy will provide the Canadian blog perspective, and Rosemary Morgan at London Roots Research the British. I do hope to make a couple posts.
Again this year some of the presentations will be streamed live. Check the website at http://rootstech.org/ for news on how to connect and other developments.
 

3 comments:

Ellen Thorne Morris said...

Have friends that attend, himself to the tech talks, herself to the LDS library. I enjoy the feedbackck Yt? when they come home, and thanks to your mention of blogs and live lectures, I won't be completely ignorant.
a

M. Diane Rogers said...

See you in Salt Lake City, John. Many of us will be tweeting too - either from Rootstech or from home. If you're using the app, hope you 'friend' me.

GeniAus said...

Hope to meet you at Rootstech, John. I am a dedicated reader of your blog.