14 March 2013

Seven and growing

I'm celebrating! Today, 14 March 2013, marks the 7th anniversary of ACC at www.anglo-celtic-connections.blogspot.com. Will there be a seven year itch?

You may have noticed on the regular monthly statistics post the Alexa ranking reported for the blog has been going down and down and down. It was puzzling; the Alexa rank has been going one way while daily visits reported by Blogger doubled since October 2010. I now understand why.
While on my recent trip to Europe I noticed that Blogger changed the address entered, www.anglo-celtic-connection.blogspot.com to the national extension. While in Portugal the blog showed a .pt extension.  Alexa logs the visit according to the national extension. There are separate Alexa rankings for each.
For .com the rank is 479,025
For .ca 238,556
For .co.uk 1,352,245.
If you know of a way to get a consolidated Alexa rank across all the national Blogger domains please let me know.

Many readers never come to the website preferring to follow through an RSS or email feed. The statistics don't reflect their use, which is fine. That's what I do with many other blogs.
One reason to visit is to check out the twitter feed for genealogy which shows part way down the left hand column. There's a whole world of genealogy and family history beyond the ground I attempt to cover in that twitter feed.  I tweet occasionally, but not for each blog post, just for items I see as especially interesting where I can't add much. Please follow me -- @JohnDReid.

And thank you for your support for ACC, especially for the tips.


11 comments:

Randy Seaver said...

Hi John,

You're one of the few who has kept a steady stream of blog posts going over these seven years. congratulations on that accomplishment.

The content of your blog is great - I learn a lot from it since I have some Ontario ancestors and many English ancestors.

My 7 years comes up in a month.

Keep up the good work -- randy

GeniAus said...

Congratulations, John, from one of your readers from downunder.

May your blog continue to grow and prosper.

Chris Paton said...

Congrats on 7 years!

Glenn Wright said...

Well done John! My day only starts after reading your blog ... you have kept us informed, entertained and engaged for seven years. I know I am not alone in wishing you at least seven more!

Marian said...

I am one of your many readers who reads you daily via (the soon to disappear) Google Reader. Congratulations on your seven years and I hope you keep us up-todate for many more.

Marian Press

Stephanie Stone said...

Congratulations on your seven years, John! I too look forward to reading your blog every morning. It's always interesting, and I often find useful and relevant information for my Canadian and British research. Thank you!

Kathryn said...

John, congratulations on 7 years of blogging! Kathryn

Bill West said...

Happy Blogiversary,John!

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

Happy Blogoversary! You belong on the longevity list.

M. Diane Rogers said...

Congratulations, John. Always happy to read your articles and opinions! And hope to see you again in BC.

Unknown said...

Congratulations John! I don't know where 7 years have gone. Your blog is essential! Thank you for all your work.

Fawne