The database includes names indexed from:
Girls' Friendly Society Fonds (MG28 I349)
Immigration Branch, Central Registry Files (RG76 BIA) including
- Benjamin Pipe, Wapella, Assiniboia, proposes bringing out from England, girls as domestic servants, 1905-1911
- C.O. Swanson, Waterville, Quebec; Immigration of domestic servants from Scandinavia, 1905-1910
- Canadian Pacific Railway requests admissions of coloured porters (Blacks), 1931-1949
- Coloured domestics from Guadeloupe, 1910-1928
- Selected parties of domestics sent by the Women's Branch of Colonization and Development Department. Colonel J.S. Dennis, CPR, Montreal, Quebec, 1924-1937Mrs. Helen Sanford, bonus on domestics, Girls Home of Welcome, 1898-1907
The Immigration Branch index entries are linked to the appropriate digital microfilm at http://heritage.canadiana.ca/ but not to the exact image.
I'm told LAC has some long-awaited home child databases coming imminently.