19 June 2018

Changing of the Guard at the Arnprior and McNab/Braeside Archives

It was a surprise to learn at Saturday's Voices from the Dust event that Laurie Dougherty has retired from the Archivist position at the Arnprior and McNab/Braeside Archives as of the end of May. I found Laurie to be most helpful on the occasions I sought her advice. She was a progressive influence. I wish her well.

Her replacement is Emma Carey, a graduate of McGill University who subsequently studied and worked in Scotland and Toronto. Naturally it will take some while for her to find her feet. All the best Emma.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you John for your kind remarks and good wishes. I leave the AMBA with many special memories after 20 years (2 as volunteer and 18 as archivist)and in Emma Carey`s very capable hands.

Anonymous said...

Sorry John, I should have signed my previous comment
Laurie Dougherty
PS. Since leaving the AMBA I have been busy with the 3 G`s: golf, gardening and genealogy!