Friday, 30 April 2010

Family history delight

You've probably read about, if not experienced, companies that delight their customers by providing service beyond expectations. The first company I read it about was Nordstrom's, the US clothing retailer.

I felt the same way when I went to my mailbox and found the new, May-June 2010, issue of Family Chronicle. Tucked in the package was a CD. I'm accustomed to finding CDs attached to genealogy magazines from the UK, although it's not done as much as once upon a time. I think this is a first for Family Chronicle.

Family Tree Builder is the software on the CD. It's not a product I'd heard of before. There's a four page review in the magazine by Tony Bandy, one of Moorshead magazines' frequent contributors. While the review is quite favourable there's a big overhead in changing software, one I'm not ready to embark on now. I do appreciate having the option.

See a list of the other contents of this Family Chronicle issue at Elizabeth Lapointe's article Learning From Experience based on an interview with Glenn Wright was another delight in this issue.

No comments: