07 July 2015

Guild celebrates membership milestone

Today The Guild of One-Name Studies reached another milestone as the 7,000th member joined. Read the press release at http://one-name.org/media-release-the-guilds-7000th-member/.

According to the Guild website there are 8,760 study surnames registered with the Guild which you can search from the top right hand corner of the Guild homepage at http://one-name.org/. Even if the surname isn't registered the search will return information about it.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Kipp said...

As #4600 joining in 2006, the Guild of one-name Studies has been a very beneficial organization to belong to if you are interested in one name studies. I study my parent's families - Blake and Pincombe. Blake is of course very large (actually only large by the criteria) and Pincombe medium. I was studying Siderfin but gave the study to my cousin Mark Siderfin who lives in England and much closer to record offices than I am. Siderfin is a rather small study.