16 February 2019

Changes at the GRO

First the good news:

"GRO has been piloting a service providing PDF copies of historical birth and death records. From the 16th February 2019 PDF’s have become a permanent service."

Applications for PDF’s cost £7, must be made online and include a GRO index reference. England and Wales records which are available to order in PDF format include:

These are available for births from 1837 to 1918 and deaths from 1837 to 1957

Now the bad:

From 16th February 2019 GRO have increased the price of certificates and made changes to delivery options. Extra charges will apply if you do not order certificates online or include a GRO index reference (where available).


1 comment:

Teresa said...

Despite the price increase, I'm just relieved they've made the option permanent. I ordered 4 certs earlier this week...but even at $11 Cdn, the .pdf option for me is still fantastic, compared to the cost of flight to and hotel in England...and I know for a fact that servers are a) expensive and b) have a finite life...it costs to support the cert ordering system, so while I don't like the price increase, I do understand it.