26 March 2021

10 British Websites For The History Of Ordinary People

Natalie writes "I’m obsessed with family history and I firmly believe that there’s no such thing as a boring ancestor. In fact, if you think your ancestors are dull, then I’ll give it to you straight – you are doing something wrong!"

Who is Natalie? Her website is https://genealogystories.co.uk/, 

One of the resources is "10 British Websites For The History Of Ordinary People." You probably have lots of those and find it a challenge to write about them. Most of the websites were new to me, the first five are:

1. The British Library Oral History Collection
2. Working Class History
3. Working Class Movement Library
4. History Workshop Org
5. British Agricultural History Society

For the links and the other five go to https://genealogystories.co.uk/10-websites-for-the-history-of-ordinary-people/. There's more worth browsing at the site.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for this John. I looked up rural Essex, where my mother's English family were ag labs before the 1870s, and found many results in three different places, including books I had not come across before when trying to understand their lives.

These are terrific resources. Thank you! Cheers, BT

Celia Lewis said...

New to me, and now bookmarked in my Genealogy Resources Blogs folder - am now already using two of those websites for my English ancestors! Thanks for posting this, John - much appreciated!