31 August 2010

CNE Film Archives

In the early 1980s I was living in Toronto. My brother, his wife and two kids came to stay from London, via Newark and Buffalo on People's Express. We rented a lakeside cabin near Gravenhurst and demonstrated a remarkable lack of skill at windsurfing.

A highlight of their visit was a day at the CNE.

I don't think of those times as very long ago, although both those kids now have kids of their own. Just how long ago it is was brought home when I found the film collection of the CNE Archives which has footage near to that time. It can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/CNEArchives or www.cnearchives.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coming from Quebec, it was a thrill to go to the CNE with my slightly older Ontario cousins and to holiday in Muskoka each year. My grandfather, who had been a constable in the N.W.M.P., loved to see the R.C.M.P. Musical Ride at the CNE.