13 July 2014

Conservation Tips

From the State Archives of New South Wales, five tips for conservation measures you may be able to undertake yourself. If in doubt consult a professional.

Sticky Tape Removal

1 comment:

Barbara Tose said...

For those who wish to find a conservator in Canada to advise them on the care and treatment of their artifacts/documents they should go to the website of the Canadian Association of Professional Conservators (CAPC) at: http://capc-acrp.ca/select_conservator.asp
CAPC conservators have been accredited as qualified and who adhere to a strict code of ethics and professional standards. Their website also gives advice on selecting a conservator and what to expect once you've hired one. As John has already said, if you have any doubts or your artifact/document is in poor condition, always consult with a conservator before attempting anything yourself.