02 November 2020

Ancestry opens up militrary records until Remembrance Day

Until 11 Nov 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET Ancestry has opened its global military collections, and Fold3 to free access.

Free access, with registration, includes Canadian, US and UK military collections and Deutsche Militärgeschichte (German Military Histories), 1500-1942.

After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using a paid Ancestry membership. 

I've not been able to verify the Fold3 collections included.

6 comments:

Btyclk said...

Thanks for the info. Usually, you have to pay to use Fold3 from Ancestry. About a month to two months ago, I gave in and got a subscription. After all, we don't know when the Family History Centers are going to reopen.

Tess said...

Crossing my fingers for the Fold3 collection being opened up as well..I have some more records I need from there...

Sophronia said...

I cannot afford another separate subscription and would welcome Ancestry opening up Fold3 as well. These items used to all be available with an Ancestry subscription so I am thankful that I downloaded most of what I needed before the records went to Fold3. I tried to access Fold3 documents just now and they wanted a subscription. How do you get it free?

Tess said...

Some libraries may have access to it if they can afford the extra subscription...

Tess said...

Fold3 is only including Canadian records, not UK ones, which for those of us with UK ancestors is sad...but definitely still a first world problem.

Rosemary said...

Have been trying to access Newspapers.com content through this offer since November 6th and all I get is prompts to subscribe. Misleading advertising.