17 September 2014

Canada Rockstar Genealogists

Join me in congratulating the top Rockstar Genealogists for 2014 as voted by those from Canada.

1. Dick Eastman
2. Chris Paton
3. Thomas MacEntee
4. Lisa Louise Cooke
5. Judy G. Russell
6. Glenn Wright
7. Geoff Rasmussen
7. Megan Smolenyak
9. Brenda Dougall Merriman
10. Lisa Alzo

Here are some statistics:

Two of the ten are from Canada.
Five of the ten are women.
81% of people nominated received votes.
75% of voters identified themselves as women.

All on the list received at least half the number of votes as the top vote getter.

Tomorrow the blog will reveal the England/Scotland/Wales and the Ireland Rockstar Genealogists.

1 comment:

Glenn W said...

John, somehow my name has been included on your list -- does this not call for a re-count? In truth, I am surprised to find myself amongst people that I would prefer to see and hear myself. It also demonstrates that family historians and genealogists in Canada are very fortunate to have the opportunity to learn from "rockstars" from the UK and USA and that, in my view, is a real benefit.