19 September 2014

USA Rockstar Genealogists

Join me in congratulating the top Rockstar Genealogists as voted by those from the USA.

1. Judy G. Russell
2. Roberta Estes
3. Megan Smolenyak
4. CeCe Moore
5. Dick Eastman

6. Thomas W. Jones
7. D. Joshua Taylor
8. Thomas MacEntee
9. John Philip Colletta
10. Bennett Greenspan

Here are some statistics:

All are from the area
Four of the ten are women.
88% of people nominated received votes.
79% of respondents identified themselves as women.

Those above the break received at least half the number of votes as the top vote-getter.

2 comments:

GeniAus said...

It's interesting to note that men outnumber women in the US list - different from the other countries polled.

Your Genetic Genealogist said...

Thanks so much, John. Of course, I am honored, but I don't belong ranked "above" the highly respected genealogists on this list (like Tom Jones!) and am sure that the push for people to vote for genetic genealogists this year caused my spot to be artificially inflated. Regardless, it is a great group and I am proud to be part of it! Thanks to everyone who voted for me and all the wonderful genealogists on this list.