It's a pleasure to find Anglo-Celtic Connections in great company, among 50 blogs highlighted by Insider History magazine in the 17th issue.
Inside History is a Sydney, Australia-based 76 page bi-monthly magazine "overflowing with advice, articles and expert tips on genealogy, and stories on our varied history, from tales about century-old houses and country towns, to heritage gardens and the biographies of our famous (and infamous) citizens. Learn how to discover more about your ancestry, overcome roadblocks in your research, discover Australia and New Zealand’s social history and heritage, network with other genealogists, read the latest book and product reviews, and enter great competitions."
The Jul-Aug 2013 edition (issue 17) also includes:
- how land title records in Queensland led to the discovery of 300 family photographs;
- a case of false identity that will have you looking at 19th-century passenger lists in a new light;
- Dr Brendan Nelson chats about his new role as Director of the Australian War Memorial, and how his own ancestors fit into Australia’s military history;
- how transcribing an old letter led one reader to solve an adoption mystery from the 1930s;
- experts helping to date and identify photographs from the 1880s to World War I;
- the anniversary of HMAS Australia, our first Navy flagship;
- families in British India and the resources available to find out more.