09 April 2020

TheGenealogist offers FREE “First Steps” package

TheGenealogist is offering a package of their most useful record sets, their image archive and digital magazines for beginners to use for 3 months. No card details, no subscription, just completely free.

The free First Steps package includes:

Complete Birth, Marriage & Death records index for England and Wales 1837-2005
English & Welsh Census Records to see where ancestors were living in 1911
TreeView the online family tree builder
Image Archive of churches, places and people from the past
A high quality monthly digital magazine with stories, case studies, social history articles and research advice

Find out more here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's a bit misleading. It reads like this:
We'd like to offer you our new 4 monthly Diamond subscription for our introductory price of only £44.95 (saving a third off the standard price of £64.95). This is the lowest cost Diamond subscription we've ever had!

12 Month subcription to Discover Your Ancestors Online Magazine Along with providing access to Census, BMDs, Non-Conformist Records, Wills and more, the Diamond subscription gives you access to record collections that make it easy to find so much more about your ancestors.

You'll also enjoy a free 12 month subscription to Discover Your Ancestors online magazine worth £24.95, saving you a total of £44.95!

JDR said...

You need to read beyond the promo for the Diamond subscription at the top.

Sophronia said...

I too found it misleading. However, I got a different result. By following the instructions I came to the 'free' subscription but it wants my credit card # and will charge my card if I forget to unsubscribe in time. No thanks.

Teresa said...

I think it would be even nicer if they'd offer free access to their highest level record sets, but they rarely do that. Their structure is so off-putting, I'll never give them money, especially as you can't pay for the highest level by the month. Nothing I need from them is available on a monthly basis and there's no way I can afford another genealogy subscription.